Why Sunset is so Special, Ottawa's Family Lifestyle Photographer
Sweet sunsets and soft snuggles are a match made in heaven – kinda like these two xoxo
We had such a lovely session on their private property, away from all other humans and distractions. They could really focus on each other and allow themselves to relax and enjoy the time together, with their fur baby.
You may have noticed that I only book sessions in the evening during the summer. Here's why:
- Light. B-E-A-UTIFUL light. A setting sun provides a gorgeous glow and is super flattering. Who doesn’t want to look their best in photos?
- Comfort. Summer is hot - especially this summer! Shooting during the day is gross. It’s not so fun to snuggle when you’re sweaty.
Golden hour can feel more like witching hour for parents. I get it.
Kids aren’t always super pleasant at 7:00 PM, but you know what, they aren’t always pleasant at 2:00 PM either. Have you ever noticed that when you plan an event according to their “nap” schedule, they will inevitably switch their routine the day of? EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
And they will almost always behave better than you expect when someone else (ahem, me) is in charge. So, don’t fret about an evening appointment. It can happen and it can be great.
That being said, there are ways to prepare and reduce the risk of meltdowns in case you’re worried…
- Have a low key day. Don’t plan an evening session after a full day at a water park, or post birthday parties.
- Let them have a late day cat nap. It’s just one day and often a quick 10-mins is just enough to re-energize.
- Stay calm. If you stress out, they will feed off that negative energy. Kids sense fear.
Book Your Sunset Session
We do still have some openings for summer sunset sessions in July and August 2018. Check out our availability and book your session online HERE.
If you’d like to learn more about Michelle Ma Belle Photography services and fees, visit our online Investment Guide.
AND, we are offering 20% our CLUSTER CREATIONS until the end of July so you can display those beautifully lit and big bright smiles in a unique and modern way.
Hope to see you this summer!